Thursday, April 3, 2014

I Must Admit My Failings

I have not been following through will all my resolutions from the last post.  I still go to my Bible study, however, I have not been reviewing the material before and digging deeper with these readings.  However, I do try harder to be more engaged while at the study.

I am reading for the season, The Sermons of St. Francis de Sales For Lent. But this somehow doesn't seem like study- more like prayer than anything else.  His sermons are so dense, I sometimes only read a page or two a day and find myself meditating on his words and trying to better follow the Lord.  I don't think that is bad, but I don't call this "study" either. 

St. Francis de Sales

Looking ahead, I did buy a book about how to share the faith.  I will keep that until I get to the Challenge part of Evangelization.  Until then, I'll carry on with Bible Study and a few Lenten presentations given at my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment